Friday, July 26, 2013

Minty Fresh: Mask of Magnaminty Review

Hello! I've come to review this product that I've been trying out for the past couple of weeks. It's called Mask of Magnaminty, and is made by Lush. I bought it about a month or two ago, after seeing it from a YouTuber, however I'm not sure which one. You can use it for both your face and back, but I've chosen to use it on my back. I use it in the shower after washing my body, and I leave it on while I shave and wash my face.



Sizes: 4.4oz or 11.1oz 


I actually saw a difference with this product. I don't use it every time I shower, but at least once or twice a week. I have some back acne problems, and I've tried some soaps to clear it up, but I think it's safe to say that I've seen the most improvement with this product. It cleaned up my back a bit, by eliminating the bigger, redder blemishes I had. It hasn't taken away everything, maybe because of my lack of use, but I'm not sure. I actually don't think the smell is too strong, but maybe because I like mint. If you like the minty smell, I'm sure you'll like this! It's very thick, so if you drop the tub, it won't spill everywhere and you won't waste anything, which I like. I also think it's easy to get off your body, and you won't find any stray mask spots later.

Another plus is that you can take this product back to Lush along with 4 other pots to receive a face mask for free, kind of like a Back to MAC type of deal. It just has to be cleaned out and have that little message on the lid. Oh, I almost forgot! You don't need to refrigerate this product! Plus plus plus for me, because I always forget about the product if I need to refrigerate it. I keep it in my shower with all of my daily products. I really like this product and would definitely recommend it for anyone thinking of trying it out! I'm also repurchasing. :)


This is what it looks like on the skin, with a generous amount. It's very chunky and has a lot of the adzuki beans. The only downside is the mess this mask makes. If you use it on your back, like me, you use quite a bit. When you wash it off, the aduki beans get everywhere. They slide around your skin, sometimes ending up on my feet, make their way into my hair, and get all over the walls and floor of my tub. With some splashing of water, you get it off eventually. It also gets into your nails (if you have long ones) when you're scooping it out. Letting the water run into your nails will get it out, so it's not a big deal. Just mentioning this to any future buyers. This downside, however, doesn't take away from the positive aspects of the product! I'd still buy it. 


+ Pros: For face & back, helps bacne, no need for refrigeration, minty scent, easy to wash off body, part of recycling program
- Cons: Messy, adzuki beans everywhere
*Repurchasing

Hope you enjoyed this little review. I'm going to play around with the layout and format for future reviews to see what I like. Definitely check this product out! What are your favorite Lush products? Please comment!

xo
Kristi


2 comments:

  1. I love Lush products but I have never tried this one! Great review! I think I will have to get this one for myself!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :) Definitely give it a try!

      Delete